Thursday, August 23, 2007

Funkadelic

Well if Skye's in a funk about school, I'm allowed to be in a funk about something, right? Ok, well, maybe I'm not. After all, my life is pretty awesome right now. I like my job, I got a cool new haircut, I'm selling stories on the side, and, oh yeah, I'm going on a two-week Caribbean cruise in September.

And yet, selfish creature that I am, I can still find stuff to be in a funk about. And, let me tell you, funkiness is not becoming on me. I do not have a cute pout.

So what do you do to get out of your funks? Shop for office supplies? Play with cute little kittens? Stay in bed all day with the covers over your head (which is my method of choice, heh)? Tell me in the comments and I'll put your name in the hat for a free PDF of "Love In Shadow."

11 comments:

Cherie J said...

Pampering myself with some chocolate and a good book usually helps but if I am especially down than talking to my identical twin sister is the best thing I can do. I can tell her my feelings without feeling judged. I always feel like she understands since she knows me so well.

Sonja Foust said...

Cool beans Cherie! I have an identical twin too. :)

Unknown said...

I read-and I write--that's all that works to bring me out of a funk! Oh, and watch Eureka on SciFi, that really helps too:}

blessedheart said...

I curl up on the couch with a good romance book and ignore everything else!

Rhonda :-)

Anonymous said...

i ignore everyone, turn off my phone (drive the hubby crazy) and study. i know, i'm a nerd, but research helps me focus on something else. i do, of course, try to use my "artistic moods" to write, but The Muse hates me right now so i study

acdaisy95 said...

I go and workout my hardest. Maybe read a book at the same time.

lrhubble said...

to get me out of a funk I read.... :-) and cuddle with either my guy or my kitty. LOL

Anonymous said...

Ha, when I get in a funk I start eating...but I'm trying hard not to...yeah, losing weight...or trying to. So, now I usually hide away with the lappy and hang out on the loops or pull up a book or three and read.

Valerie

Jodi said...

I usually read while curled up on the couch. Sometimes, I'll go for a walk (depending on the weather).

Sonja Foust said...

I declare the winner: Valerie! Valerie, send me an email: sonja@sonjafoust.com and I will send you your PDF!

Cherie J said...

Congrats to Valerie! How many minutes apart are you and your twin Sonja? my twin and I are only one minute apart.