Monday, September 24, 2007

Pity and Lame-ness

Um, so I've been back for over a week now, and I'm still forcing Skye to post in my stead. I guess that's kind of rude of me. So I'm posting now. Everyone leave a comment on Skye's post though, so she'll know that you are a pity commenter and she won't feel so bad about my vast numbers of minions who hop on over here to comment because I brow-beat them and promise them goodies if they'll only please just comment fortheloveofgod.

I don't have much to say, really. My vacation was grand, spectacular, fantabulous. All that. Plus I didn't fall off the ship. So that was awesome.

Skye asked me on chat today whether I have been writing anything lately, to which question the answer is a resounding and lame-assed "no." I know, I totally suck. Skye said she hasn't written anything either, but she has this little excuse called Law School. I have no excuse besides the fact that I am super lame. So this must stop. I will not be super lame. I refuse.

But what should I write? Any ideas? I could:

a) finish the Western I started, although I've decided that it will have to be full-length as opposed to the 10k or so I had originally envisioned because I'm not selling shorts to eBook people any more unless they can promise me my royalty checks won't suck. Greedy much? Yes, but at least I admit it.

b) start a Regency like I've been saying I'm gonna. I read a lot of Regencies, so in some ways it makes sense for me to write one. In other ways, it makes no sense at all: (1) research gives me hives; (2) most of my story ideas involve contemporary situations. So I'm torn.

c) work on Spooky, the tale of 3 sisters cursed to be the crone, mother, and maiden every full moon. It's kind of kooky and weird and I'm not sure where I'm going with it, but it has potential.

d) procrastinate until November, which is National Novel Writing Month and which I vow to win this year.

e) start something totally new.

So what do you think? Do you even care? Wait, don't answer that last one...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I like the one about the three sisters, but that is just because I have a tattoo which symbolizes the maiden, mother, and crone. And I am also really curious as to how this story would turn out.

(By the way, I am Craig's sister.)

Skye Forbes said...

I liked that one too! I feel like i'm in the best position to judge since i've read some of them. By the way, write more so i have something to read that doesn't involve the Supreme Court.