Monday, July 30, 2007

On Chaos and Platitudes

I owe you some winnahs!

From Skye's post about rejection, the winner is Cherie J! Cherie, we love you, please have a book to ease the pain of getting fired on your birthday! How totally harsh! Email me at sonja@sonjafoust.com with your address and the book of your choice from my inventory at BookMooch and I'll send it to you.

From my post about my blue hair (which is still blue and getting bluer, by the way), the winner is Amy S.! Amy, email me at sonja@sonjafoust.com with your address and I will get The Shoe Queen by Anna Davis in the mail for you. Hopefully it will erase all bad memories of the Wal-Mart highlights.

My writing world has been suffering of late, mostly because the rest of my life is (or rather was) in a bit of an upheaval too. But this weekend I managed to clean my house which just makes life seem so much better. I also hopped on the bandwagon and joined FlyLady. I always kind of thought I didn't need platitudes to keep my house clean, but it turns out I sort of do. So, um, thanks FlyLady, even though I'm kind of embarrassed about signing up. But not as embarrassed as I was about my CHAOS: Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. And now I'm FLYing: Finally Loving Yourself... uh... Myself... or something. (Do you see now what I mean about the platitudes? FlyLady is chock full of them, lucky for me.)

So anyway, now that my house is no longer a disaster, I can get down to the business (fun business) of writing! So here are my upcoming goals:

Numba One
Edit Lying Eyes
Submit
Deadline: August 15


Numba Two
Finish Courting the Preacher's Daughter
Figure out where to submit icon_smile.gif
Submit

Numba Three
Write a Regency (Skye even promised to critique it, even though she doesn't read Regencies.)

You all have my full permission to beat me with a wet noodle on August 15 if I cannot provide you with a touching tale of how I've edited at least the first three chapters of Lying Eyes and sent it off for Cerridwen to hold onto for like 90 days or something ridiculous like that.

So what about you? What are your upcoming goals, writing or otherwise? Are you going to finish that home improvement project? Read War and Peace? Join FlyLady with me? Spill.

3 comments:

Cherie J said...

Thanks alot for my prize. I sent you an email with my address and choice of book. As for a goal, I have 2. The first is to maintain my weight loss through at least the summer. The second is to have my son fully potty trained before the end of the summer. I am not a writer so I don't have any writing goals. Good luck with your goals. I will be rooting for you.

Becky said...

Hmmm...
1. I'm trying to find a couple of good loans and stuff so that I can finally get into college.

2.I have to finish painting my grandparents' house (walls inside).

3. Get through my summer Calculus 3 course.

4. I live with a roomy and we have both decided that we need to install new cabinets in the kitchen. They look like crap right now. So we have an entire set of cabinets coming in from Home Depot. lol

Unknown said...

Thank you!!!!! Congrats Cherie J.!!