Thursday, August 2, 2007

Platitudes, Schmatitudes

Unlike my darling critique partner, I don't need someone else creating annoying acronyms to keep me on track. I consider myself extremely lucky that i can announce that i just finished my WIP! Battle for Valhalla, an exciting urban fantasy about a kick-ass Valkyrie heroine, is now done. Woo hoo!

And, even better, the agent i met with in Dallas, at the RWA National Conference, emailed me and said "You have an interesting premise and some intriguing characters, and I’d love to see the complete manuscript." Pitching rocks, no matter what Sonja says.

Which means, of course, that Sonja now has to rework her priority list (I'm always throwing things out of whack) and make editing my most recent writing! And, of course, while she's doing that, I'll be relaxing in the south of France. Yep, that's right, I get to go on vacation. Lucky me!

Of course, not so lucky is the fact that as soon as I'm back, school starts. Anyone have any study tips? If you do, I'll send you a book. Yeah, that's right, I will. Not Sonja. She can't be the only one in this partnership giving away things (or paying for postage). So send me either a study tip or a horror story from school and Sonja will pick a winner and I'll send off a book. When I'm back from France, that is. :)

I'll actually have internet access in France, so you might even get a post from me. But don't hold your breath, since there is an awful lot of cheese and wine calling my name.

Should i rub it in some more? Or maybe i could create an acronym... SUCKS: Sonja Unfortunately Can't Kill Skye.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I have both a study tip and a horror story from school.

Study tip: Color code your notes. In my freshmen year I had so many notes I didn't know what to do and I suffered for it. It was so hard to study them. My teachers told me to color code my notes so I did it the following year and it was so much easier to follow my notes and study from. I've been doing it every since and it hasn't failed yet.

Horror story: In 8th grade I had to go to the High School for my Geometry Math class. I went upstairs to one of my friends lockers and the bell rang. On my way down the stairs I tripped over my own two feet and slipped all the way down the stairs and hurt really bad. So bad I felt like crying. Well, just my luck those set of stairs always had a group of extremely hot guys hanging around them at the bottom. When I fell I ended up landing on one of them. All of them started laughing. After that, everytime I went down those stairs, all of the guys would yell cat calls and other mean things. I was so embarrassed.

Sonja Foust said...

Here's another acronym for you: KYPO Keep Your Pants On. ;) I'll edit as soon as I can. But, you know, I won't be sitting on a French balcony sipping wine with naught but my laptop to distract me, so it may take me a bit longer than the average jet-setter en France. :D