Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dallas, Baby, Dallas!

Okay, so it doesn't have quite the same ring to it as Vegas, but whatever. I'm headed there. So is Sonja, but this post is about me. All me. Yeah, baby.

I so thoroughly enjoyed Dallas on my way through the last time that this time I'm going to stay. On purpose, that is. Still, my previous layover not withstanding, this should be a fun trip. Assuming of course, that I don't kill Sonja.

For those of you who don't know Sonja, let me just tell you. She's a great girl. And wonderful. And my bestest buddy. Who else would I share a room with at the RWA National Conference? However, is, in a word, a bit... enthusiastic, is how i shall put it.

For those you who don't know me, I'm laid back. Relaxed. Don't get worked up about much. Very calm. (Sometimes in a hyperactive way). But I'm not a raving psychopath about planning out every minute of my day.

Not that Sonja is, either. At least, not normally. But she is showing raving tendencies when discussing the conference. When you see her list of things she hasn't done, that doesn't include the 12 million that she HAS done. :) I'm more of the "Oh, right, I'm going to conference. Cool." type than "Oh my god, I must plan and pack and prepare ahead of time! Eeek. More p words. Pitch!!" Pitching doesn't scare me. Because, frankly, if i can't get excited about my book and tell someone all about how wonderful it is, then they probably aren't going to want to read it in the first place. But I digress. Since I love her dearly I'm willing to sacrifice my peace and quiet in a hotel room for a roommate that is constantly pestering me to get out and hang out at the bar and network.

And people think I'm the extrovert of the two of us.

Still, dragging me out of my shell is probably for the best. I mean, after all, that enthusiasm and drive is probably why Sonja is PUBLISHED and I'm not. So i guess you'll see me at the bar. And maybe in rehab later. Even so, darn it all, it's going to be a good conference! See you in Dallas!

2 comments:

Sonja Foust said...

I'm published because I threw more noodles at the wall and one of mine happened to stick. Throw more noodles = get published. But I don't guess the OCD tendencies hurt anything.

I just compared my manuscripts to noodles. I think I'll go to bed now.

Skye Forbes said...

Really, it's just the Flying Spaghetti Monster speaking through you. Trust in his noodliness and you too will get published. Or something. I'm going to bed too.