Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Examiness

In honor of Skye's exam-takey-ness this week, I thought I would offer up a top ten list.

Sonja's Top Ten Reasons I'm Glad I Didn't Go Back to School (in no particular order)

1. I'm so over that whole cliques thing. I don't know if that happens in law school because, hey, you're all law dorks, right? But still. I'm socially stunted and can't deal with it.
2. Homework, ohmygod, homework. Home and work are two things that should not go together.
3. Grades beyond "above satisfactory" or "below satisfactory." Um, do letter grades exist in law school either? I, obviously, know little to nothing about higher education, but I know know that letter grades give me the heebie-jeebies.
4. Effort. You mean I actually have to apply myself at something I'm not getting paid for? Nay, I have to apply myself at something I'm paying for? Sounds pretty backwards to me.
5. Smart people scare me. They make me feel very dumb, especially when they talk about smart people things.
6. Classes. Unless it's a writing workshop, I'll skip it, thanks.
7. Professors. Yeah, professors.
8. Exams-- You have to take exams to get in, and then exams once you get in, and then exams after you're out so that you can actually work. Craziness. Pure craziness.

That's all I can think of, so now here are the top two reasons I think Skye is awesome for going to law school (only two because I have to round out the ten I promised):

1. She is following her dream. She wants to be a lawyer and she's going to be a lawyer.
2. She is going to make the Best Lawyer Ever.

Good luck on exams!

1 comments:

Skye Forbes said...

Yeah, there are still cliques in law school - i should know, i'm in one. Except, it's not really that exclusive - it's mostly just the people you can stand to talk to long enough to study with them. But hey, whatever works.

And yes, there are letter grades. Ever worse than letter grades are the fact that there's an enforced curve. So when they tell you not everyone is going to get an A, they aren't joking. Because only 10% of the class will get As. Which in a class of 70 is 7 people. How's that for depressing?